Education And Training
Coming Soon: PMP Exam Update
- As a result of the release of the PMBOK® Guide – Sixth Edition in September 2017, the PMP exam will change soon. These updates will ensure the exam content is consistent with the PMBOK® Guide.
- The PMP exam is changing in the first quarter of 2018. 26 March is the last date for taking PMBOK5 related exam..
- Anyone taking the exam prior to Q1 2018 will receive the current version of the exam that references the PMBOK Guide® – Fifth Edition.
- We will roll out our updated training content based on PMBOK – Sixth Edition from February 2018 batch.
PMP Certification and 35-hour mandatory training program
1. Eligibility criteria
The candidate should have a either:
A four-year degree (bachelor’s or the global equivalent) and at least three years of project management experience, with 4,500 hours leading and directing projects and 35 hours of project management education.
A secondary diploma (high school or the global equivalent) with at least five years of project management experience, with 7,500 hours leading and directing projects and 35 hours of project management education.
The candidate does not need the title of project manager to have the experience count, but instead must have worked in the project management processes of initiation, planning, execution,controlling and closing with identified deliverables.
2. Training program course content:
The 35-hour contact course is mandatory for candidates wanting to appear for the PMP certification Exam and is designed towards exam preparation. The course is based on PMI' s Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK - 5) covering Project Management Processes in 10 Knowledge areas of Scope, Time, Cost, Quality, Risk, HR, Communication, Procurement, Stakeholder and Integration Management. The course starts with describing the concepts and framework of project management. The course will also cover principles of Professional Responsibility.
Sample tests will be conducted after each session to provide an idea of the type of questions one should be ready to tackle in the PMP certification exam. A one and half hour composite test in the lines of the PMP certification exam will provide the candidates a feel for the pace one needs to maintain. Finally a session will be held on what to expect in the exam and how previous successful candidates prepared for the PMP Certification.
3. Duration & time:
The course is held over two consecutive weekends as our faculties are mostly working PMPs and are able to provide their time only in the weekends. The course is held from 8 AM to 6.30 PM on all days and reporting time on Day 1 is 7.45 AM. One faculty member generally covers each knowledge area. The program is normally held in the 2nd and 3rd weekend of each month.
Registration for the course is online and EventsAvenue is providing Online payment gateway services to PMI Bangalore Chapter. We accept payments by Visa and MasterCard credit cards, Debit Cards and NetBanking accounts. Look for registration button in section 6 below for more details.
Registration cancellation or rescheduling policy:
- For cancellations or reschedule before 7 days from the start of the program - 25% of the registration fee
- For all cancellations or reschedule upto 7 days before or after the start of the program - 50% of the registration fee
- Cancellation or reschedule requests received after 7 days from the start date of the program will not be entertained.
- Requests for partial cancellation or rescheduling will not be entertained.
- Rescheduling fee cheques should be couriered to the Shanti Nagar address of the chapter.
5. Venue & Cost
The course will be held at the following venue:
ROYAL ORCHID CENTRAL HOTEL
Manipal Center Dickenson Road
The cost for each participant will be:
|Category||Course Fee||Payment Gateway fee (4%)||GST (18%)||Total|
|Non - Members||Rs. 12,000||Rs. 667.00||Rs. 2,160.00||Rs. 14,827|
|PMI Bangalore Chapter Members*||Rs. 9,000||Rs. 500.20||Rs. 1,620.00||Rs. 11,120|
|* to check your chapter membership status|
The cost is inclusive of cost of study material, tea and Lunch and issue of certificate at the end of the training program on satisfactory completion of 35 hours mandatory attendance.We strongly recommend becoming a member of PMI since besides the savings in attending this program the savings in the exam fee will more than offset the membership fee as detailed below:
As a new PMI member, one will pay $151.00 made up of $129.00 PMI membership, $10.00 "New Member Application Fee" and $ 12.00 to be a member of Bangalore Chapter.
Now, the PMP exam costs $555.00 if you are not a member and $405.00 if you are a member. The difference is $150.00 which right there covers almost your membership expense. Now begin to factor in the free publications, discounts on courses, books and so on for being a member. There is no question that being a member of PMI BEFORE one takes the exam is all advantage and no disadvantage.
One can become a member on-line using the URL of PMI at www.pmi.org. Can also obtain more information about the certification exam from the web pages.
17th,18th,24th and 25th February 2018.
(Training will be on PMBOK 6th Edition)
3rd,4th,10th and 11th March 2018.
Registration for this batch is now Open!
This feature is unavailable at the moment.
Please Contact PMI Bangalore chapter to verify the membership status. Contact Us