During the planning phase, the time estimated to complete an activity in construction could be compared to the incense fumes contained in a room; it will fit in to the clients constrained time demand. This in-turn means construction time schedules are mainly prepared for clients not for execution professionals. In construction projects majority of activities gets completed during the fag end of projects, irrespective of the time schedule prepared in the initial phase. This also causes quality issues and profit loss even if the project is handed over on time.
Lack of collaboration, failure in understanding the scope, constraints, assumptions, risks etc, and “repeating mistakes than best practices” creates uncertainty in project completion and unwanted pressure on construction professionals during handing over stage.
A structured way of planning the project should involve all the stakeholders at right time and ensure proper making ready of activities by managing risk and work within the constraints of the project. It also gives an opportunity to learn lessons from daily failures and manage day-to-day issues in an effective way bringing predictability and reliability to construction commitments.
To facilitate this transition, PMI Bangalore India Chapter brings to you this one day workshop on “Lean Project Management Best Practices” – for establishing a Reliable Construction timeline.
Workshop will give an insight about the Lean Construction & Project Management concepts, methods to understand the real reasons behind challenge and ways to improve construction. This will be conducted by Tony Jacob, PMP, MIE,, PMI-PBA, Director & Principal Consultant, Constask Management Solutions LLP, He is a Civil Engineer from NSS College of Engineering, Palakkad (Calicut University) and PGDCM from XIME, Bangalore.
The workshop is limited to only 25 participants. Please register at the earliest before the workshop becomes full.
Registration & Fees
For PMI Bangalore India Chapter & Group of 4 and above.
INR 4,000 + service tax
For all others:
INR 5,000 + service tax
Date: Saturday, 3rd December, 2016
Time: 9 am to 5 pm
Venue: Royal Orchid Central Hotel, Manipal Center, Dickenson Road, Bengaluru.
Last date for Registration: 26th November, 2016.
Lean construction concepts getting wider acceptance among construction professionals due to its focus on eliminating inefficiencies and enabling the project to ensure value delivery at every step.
This workshop designed for Indian construction projects giving importance to the practical application of Lean Construction best practices into current way of managing projects. Similar workshops were conducted in various cities including Kochi, Chennai, etc and more than 250 participants from 35+ organizations benefitted over last 18 months. All workshops received 4+ rating out of 5 from participants and appreciation for its practical approach.
Constask Management Solution is specialized in Construction project performance improvement and facilitated 25+ projects to improve project performance by implementing Lean Project Management best practices. The learnings and lessons from practical implementations are part of the workshop and guidance will be provided to establish an implementation strategy during the workshop.
- • Project Director, GM, AGM, Sr Project Managers, Project Managers, Project Coordinators from Client, Consulting and Contractor organizations
- • Construction professionals working with Corporates, FI’s and Investors
- • Professionals from Developers and Builders
- • Government, PSUs and local bodies
- • Ways to identify and eliminate inefficiencies while managing construction projects (Approach based on 7 waste in Construction)
- • Constraint & Risk Analysis for better project planning
- • Collaborative planning approach to establish predictable and reliable schedules (A Lean Project Management Approach)
- • A Value Stream Mapping (VSM) based approach to improve processes/ work eliminating current inefficiencies
- • Interactive session on implementing simple, structured and systematic planning framework in projects
- • Workshop will give an insight about the Lean Construction & Project Management concepts, methods to understand the real reasons behind challenge and ways to improve construction
- • The practical application of management concepts in construction projects will be discussed in this 1-day workshop
- • The workshop will help participant to understand about a better planning system, which can eliminate the current inefficiencies like delay, avoid rework etc and complete project within time, cost, quality etc
- • Structured and systematic way to adopt the Lean Project management best practices and guideline to establish implementation strategy within organization will be discussed during the workshop
About the faculty
Tony Jacob, PMP, MIE, PMI-PBA is a Civil Engineer from NSS College of Engineering, Palakkad (Calicut University) and PGDCM from XIME, Bangalore. He is certified Project Management Professional (PMP) since 2007 and PMI-PBA from 2015. He is an active volunteer in many professional bodies and served as PMI Pearl City Chapter Board member for the period 2014-2016. He also contributed to the development of Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBoK by Project Management Institute) and its construction extension.
Tony established Constask Management Solutions LLP in 2015 for practicing “Management Consultancy” in construction industry. He facilitates organizations, projects to improve performance and increase productivity by implementing best practices from Project Management, Lean Construction, Business Analysis and Collaborative Partnering concepts. Recent implementation in a project of leading developer in Kerala resulted 15% increase in their monthly performance compared to previous months with 5 days engagement spread over two months.
Tony has 15 years of hands on experience in construction industry working in India and abroad. Apart from construction project execution he has experience in business process improvements, document management system implementation, ERP development, SAP implementation and Mobile application conceptualization etc.
Tony comes with passion to volunteer and associate with many professional bodies like PMI, IE(I), ILCE etc. He has conducted many knowledge-sharing sessions in various academic, corporate and non-profit professional institutions apart from implementing such concepts in Projects/ Organizations.