PM Footprints 14th-March-2020
Ms. Kanakalata N
NIIT Technologies Ltd
Ms. Asha Ramesh
- Saturday March 14th, 2020
- 8:00 AM to 11:00 AM
- Hotel Royal Orchid Central
47/1 Dickenson Road, Manipal Center
Bangalore, Karnataka 560042
Topic: Method Behind the Madness – Experiences Executing AI Projects by Ms. Kanakalata N
AI is one of the most important business opportunities in 2020. However, executing AI projects comes up with its own share of unique issues and challenges, for example, data quality and quantity issues, scarcity of specialists, aligning the solution with the changing nature of business and user preferences. The topic attempts to cover
- The typical business needs and benefits an AI project brings
- Instilling a method to deliver the project in the face of un-certainity
- How can we manage expectations and educate clients on the probabilistic nature of AI
- How do we measure success in such projects
The topic will present real life experiences in handling such situations and present unique experiences encountered by the speaker.
Audience will get some insights into the challenges and uncertainties in AI projects. An understanding that traditional project management may need some tweaks. How data plays a big role in the success of such engagements. The metrics which need to be tracked and how we could staff for such engagements.
Topic: EQ (Emotional Quotient) – The ladder to Self-Actualization by Ms. Asha Ramesh
- Understanding the mechanics behind EQ/EI (Emotional Quotient/Emotional Intelligence).
- Understand how EQ(EI) can help drive outcomes (within and outside).
- How EQ can help lead to the highest motivation level in Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs, that is Self-Actualization.
- Understand how you can utilize the knowledge of Emotional Quotient (EQ) to enhance your motivation levels to the Self Actualization level in Maslow’s hierarchy of needs.
- Ms. Kanakalata N
- Technology Evangelist
- NIIT Technologies Ltd
Lata brings in 20 years of industry experience with 20 years in Information Technology industry. Her key stint in NIIT has been with the Technology Innovation Center in Bangalore working on new and emerging technologies. As part of TIC, Lata’s role is to explore new technologies and develop solution accelerators, frameworks, proof of concepts.
Her current technology interests are in AI, Machine Learning, Intelligent Content Extraction, Computer Vision, Video Analytics etc. Lata has worked on delivering one of the first cognitive projects in NIIT for which the team got a lot of appreciation from the customer and this was also mentioned in the HFS Research Report on vertical focused AI. Lata has also been one of the visionaries for developing NIIT’s AI based intelligent content extraction framework SLICE. Lata has received a lot of accolades for her work in NIIT and has been recognized as being part of the Chairman’s Club of Achievers for her contribution to promoting new technologies within NIIT. Lata is a B.E from College of Engineering Guindy and has been a PMP certified practitioner and a Scrum Master in the past.
LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kanakalata-narayanan-b30a995/
- Ms. Asha Ramesh
- Program Manager
- DXC Technology
Asha has more than 2 decades of experience in the IT industry of which 12+ years have been in the project/program management/agile coach area in IT/IT Infrastructure space. Asha is a PMP, SAFE Agilist and CSM. She is a PMI member/PMI Champion and PMI Bangalore Chapter volunteer. Asha is working in DXC Technology since the past 4 years. Asha has worked in the past for companies like Dell, Infosys etc.